Junior level sysadmin with programming skills

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:50:35 MST 2012

My company, Verio, is looking for a junior level sysadmin with
programming skills (you don't have to be able to write modern object
oriented stuff, but it helps if you understand it).  The team you'll
be on is mainly perl, but if you can get the job done the language
doesn't really matter if you can describe the process you're writing
for clearly.

The job entails setting up and maintaining an OpenVZ environment with
custom template handling.  You'll need to be able to get the hardware
node and container up and running and work with the programmers
(that's me and some other perl guys) in getting things working.  This
is not a typical sysadmin job, though you'll probably be working with
the sysadmin team to refine their process as far as our product is
concerned.

The pay is pretty decent, you'll get a fair amount of experience with
which to pad your resume.  And we're good guys to work with.  Although
I can be a pita sometimes. :>

Send me your resume, I'll forward it to the right guy.
--
Alan Young