Recommendation for accounting software?

Jason Van Patten jason at infogenix.com
Thu Feb 9 09:09:32 MST 2012

On 2/8/2012 9:43 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a client who is launching an MLM soon and they are in need of
> an accounting package.
> I'm having a bit of difficulty locating an appropriate software to recommend.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for an accounting package that is at
> least usable in an MLM environment, even if it wasn't specifically
> designed for it?
>
> For those who don't know MLM or multi-level marketing is a concept
> where you recruit others to sell products and you make an override
> commission on their sales as well as the sales of those who they
> recruit etc on down the line.
I know ti4tech does commissioning systems. I used to work for them. They have the ability to crank out commission in real time. They use a mathematical tree indexing system so they can grab any size portion of the tree they need in 1 query, perfectly ordered to process. They even support multiple simultaneously processing of trees. I think the slowest commission run i ever saw one while i was there was 250k members in a binary with credit from down lines extending 7 generations. That was on a single core amd ide hdd running cent os 4. Took 5 minutes and a good chunk of that was opening the file to read the formatted data in firefox. I'm not sure if Travis (the owner) was in the office when we did it but one of his old partners was.

Jason