Recommendation for accounting software?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Thu Feb 9 07:59:05 MST 2012

Frankly, there is no single package. There are tools to help build
stuff, but they will always need heavy customization for the client,
especially if they actually do get big (most obviously don't).

2021 is the local shop that has a history of building payment tools
for MLM's, and other big ones all have in house tools. But also
remember most of those still use cobol code on mainframes/mini's for
their big backend stuff.

Also, what you are looking for isn't just an accounting package.
Unless you plan on doing a lot of work by hand.  A Billing platform is
actually what you'll use, and most of them suck, and those of us who
develop for them are rather pricey.

If you fall into the, "We'll get a coder to set something up", I can
already outline a series of failures that will happen once you get
past a dozen customers. In fact that was part of my presentation at
the first UTOS :)

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a client who is launching an MLM soon and they are in need of
> an accounting package.
> I'm having a bit of difficulty locating an appropriate software to recommend.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for an accounting package that is at
> least usable in an MLM environment, even if it wasn't specifically
> designed for it?
>
> For those who don't know MLM or multi-level marketing is a concept
> where you recruit others to sell products and you make an override
> commission on their sales as well as the sales of those who they
> recruit etc on down the line.

Jayce^

Preparing Deseret - UtahPreppers
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ