Network Traffic Visualization

Daniel C. dcrookston at
Wed Feb 8 15:23:43 MST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Paul Seamons <paul at> wrote:
> Something I heard about on slashdot years ago, but started using just
> yesterday:

Looks like a cool idea, but I'm not a huge fan of the way they encoded
the data they're displaying - i.e. the way things look.  (The most
noticeable outcome of this class so far is that I've become quite
critical of data visualizations.)

Thank you though, I'll take a look at the details and see what I can
get out of it.  In the meantime, do you have any network-related tasks
you do at work often enough that you'd prefer to get a better handle
on the data you have to deal with, or problems that are difficult to
tackle where being able to see the data in a new way (graphically)
might provide you with insights to help you solve them?