Come Work With Me @ Adobe!
plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Feb 7 12:15:49 MST 2012
The group I work in is looking for a Sr. Sys Admin to join us. Minimum 7 years
experience. Rather than spare you the typical HR stuff, here are the
- You'll be working with XX,XXX physical Linux servers. All Enterprise gear
from vendors such as HP and Dell. DAS/NAS/SAN, etc. We have XX PB of usable
- We handle over XX,XXX,XXX,XXX total front-end calls every day at datacenter
locations in London, Tokyo, São Paulo, San Jose, and more. Our back-end
transactions are in the X,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX (daily) range.
- We have dedicated systems engineering, network, security, monitoring,
capacity, on-site, and storage groups. This position is for the "SysEng"
group. That said, a background in those other areas is important.
- The standards around here: perl, bash, php, and ruby (for systems management).
- Automated configuration management at scale, using git, puppet, and friends.
- Two weeks of paid vacation plus an additional two weeks of paid company time
off. That's an entire month off, paid, every year. And the benefits get better
- Dan Hanks and Thayne Harbaugh work here. Need I say more?
I can't oversell this job. It is one of the best positions in the valley.
You'll work on problems that other companies wish they had. You'll score wins
for some of the biggest brands in the world.
We don't do "easy" here. If you consider that fact a major upside, do this:
Put together a solid cover letter and a perfectly crafted resume. Dump it into
a PDF (this is Adobe), e-mail me. I will forward them directly to the hiring
For more details, and all the HR stuff you'll need to know:
2) Job Number: 13561
Not sure if you are in the ballpark for this position? E-mail me and we can talk.
More information about the PLUG