postfix emailing issue

Lonnie Olson lists at
Tue Feb 7 10:23:32 MST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at> wrote:
> Plug:
> running postfix - everything works.
> Now I took a domain call it and signed up for google apps.  I
> also changed the DNS MX records to point to google's mail servers.
> When I send an email to someone at  someone gets the email via
> google's email.  so far so good.
> Now on my local postfix, I set up automatic forwarding, so that
> anything delivered to should go to someone at
> This is where is doesn't work.
> It's like the email doesn't "see" the mx records for to go to
>, but insteads lands at the local postfix machine and stays
> there.
> suggestions?

If postfix considers a local domain, it doesn't matter what the
MX records of it are.  It will deliver locally.
Postfix uses the "mydestination" parameter to determine what exactly
is local.  running "postconf mydestination" will show you the config
option as it understands.

Posting your mail logs for a test email will also be very useful in
identifying the problem.