vonage chaffing

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:37:32 MST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was in office max today.  They have an ooma device.  $199, but free
> for life after that.

Remember, "free for life" isn't actually free anymore. Approximately $4 in
fees per month, Ooma has it detailed out on their website somewhere. Ooma
doesn't get any of it, it's all for government taxes and such (IIRC). To my
knowledge, NetTalk is a flat $30/year (plus taxes, comes out to about
$35/year), and MagicJack is a flat $30/year or $20/year if you pay for 5
years (not sure if taxes are added, but their FAQ leads me to believe
there's no added taxes).

-Eric