suggestions for all-in-one

Henry Paul henry at paulfam.com
Mon Feb 6 19:28:58 MST 2012

On 02/06/2012 04:54 PM, Steven Alligood wrote:
> I vote for laser.
>
> Example.
>
> The Brother HL2270-DW is about $100.
>
> The 2600 page toner cartridge is $45
>
> Compared to most inkjet cartridges at $30 for 500 prints, it is 1/3 the
> price.
>

> AND the printer includes wifi, prints 27 pages per minute at 2400x600
> dpi, and has built in duplexing.
>

> Hard to beat.
>
> -Steve

I've actually got my eye on that one for an upgrade in the future.
There's another nifty trick I picked up about Brother toner cartridges.
They use an infrared beam to determine when the toner cartridge is
empty. The toner level goes low enough to allow the beam and - out of
toner. However, it's barely at 50% capacity at this point so you can
cover the holes on the cartridge with tape and actually run the toner
all the way out.

I do fairly light printing, but I'm still on the original cartridge
going on 2 years now. I print about 40 pages a month at this point, when
I bought the printer I had a need to print more often.

--Henry