vonage chaffing

Eric Olsen falconv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 14:05:33 MST 2012

Long story short:
Tried MagicJack for a year. It worked decently. I didn't like having to
leave a Windows system running 24/7 to use it. Took a while to realize that
I left auto-update enabled and that's why the system would periodically
reboot and not work until I'd go log in again.

When the year was coming to an end, I discovered NetTalk. I was lucky and
got in during a deal where I buy the device and get lifetime (of the
device) service. It works just as well as MagicJack, and while it has a
higher up-front cost, the yearly cost is the same, and you don't have to
have it plugged into a Windows system.

When my device dies (ending my free phone plan) I'll probably look for
something else where I can use my own ATA. It'd be really nice if Google
would provide SIP info so I could take/make calls using my ATA.

-Eric