Linux Desktops slow?

John Shaver bobjohnbob at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:21:56 MST 2012

The last couple of years, alot has changed with the ubuntu default gui.  It
might be more your graphics card that is the problem, rather than your ram
or cpu.

You say linux is supposed to be able to run on minimal hardware, but your
wrong.  It CAN run on minimal hardware, or do whatever you want it to do.

If you don't have a very good video card, you can disable the desktop
effects like the previous plug'er suggested, it will probably help
tremendously.  Some people have nice graphics cards though, and like to use
'em :)

Sorry for top posting, and I think I replied to the wrong message too...
Oh well, I'm writing from my phone and I don't want to retype the whole
message.

John Shaver