suggestions for all-in-one

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:37:54 MST 2012

On 02/03/2012 04:28 PM, Daniel Fussell wrote:
>      And the Universal Print Drivers are crap; they want to talk
> directly to the printer.  Maybe the driver output would be better if
> they were allowed to talk directly to the printer and could switch modes
> to something better suited, but we force everything through a print
> server, so that doesn't work.

Yes I remember now that this led to no end for problems with CUPS when I
was working at BYU. I had to really dig to find the real drivers (PS or
PCL).  Even good old standard LaserJets from years past now are only
officially supported through this new, wonderful, 300 MB universal crap
driver.

This fact alone may be enough to remind me never to buy HP again.