suggestions for all-in-one

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Feb 3 13:30:56 MST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Brett Rasmussen <brett.rasmussen at twoedge.com
> wrote:

> Barry (or any other of you PLUG mavens), I've also been going on the
> assumption that a color printer, even a color laser printer, would have
> toner cartridges for black and then one each for R, G, and B, and that the
> extra cartridges would take up space so that the black cartridge would have
> to be smaller and therefore need to be replaced more frequently.
>
> Is my assumption right?

I don't know, but HP (at least they used to) publish the number of pages a
cartridge should print.  It shouldn't be too hard to compare the published
numbers between a black cartridge for a color printer and one for a b&w
only printer.

And the color toners are generally cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_pigments).