suggestions for all-in-one

Brett Rasmussen brett.rasmussen at twoedge.com
Fri Feb 3 09:35:13 MST 2012

All, thanks much for your suggestions.

I don't use or research printers very often, so I don't really know the
whole state of affairs.  Hence a couple of what might seem obvious
questions:

It seems to be my experience that people with inkjet printers are always
buying new cartridges, and that laser printers are more expensive per
cartridge but they last a lot longer.

Also, laser printers seem to pump out a lot more pages per minute than
inkjets.

Are these assumptions still true?

And has anyone used HP's ePrint thing? Does it play nicely w/linux?

Dale's got a Brother all-in-one that's inkjet, and Henry's dad has a
Brother laser printer, both of which work well wirelessly, so it seems a
Brother that combines the two would likely work just fine.  Anyone else
have any specific models (HP or Brother or whatever) that they've just
loved and think I should look into?