postfix on debian delivers root's mail to "nobody"

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Feb 2 15:26:04 MST 2012

I have a recent installation of debian 6, with postfix 2.7.1-1+squeeze1
installed. /etc/aliases is like so:

# /etc/aliases
mailer-daemon: postmaster
postmaster: root
nobody: root
hostmaster: root
usenet: root
news: root
webmaster: root
www: root
ftp: root
abuse: root
noc: root
security: root

# root: charles

None the less all the mail, including logwatch mail, addressed to root
ends up in /var/mail/nobody. How do I set postfix to deliver root's
email to root's mail box?