Tomax 411?

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Feb 1 11:57:07 MST 2012

On Tomax, google is your friend and found this post (by me):
http://plug.org/pipermail/plug/2011-May/025863.html

> PLUG has no money.  The only thing we'd have to worry about is an injunction.
> If someone decides to get a court injunction to shut down part of the
> website, then so be it.

PLUG isn't an organization. Something that people should be aware of.
Volunteers take on the responsibility of the group. It is, in the strictest
legal definition, a website and mailing list owned by private individuals.
Those private individuals carry any liability.

I've asked before if PLUG should be wrapped up in something like the Utah Open
Source Foundation for those types of protections. Of course, that's a fairly
big imposition on the UTOSF, and I'm not sure how they would feel about the
idea. Not all LUGs are in the same boat. The SLLUG is a real non-profit, for
example. Volunteers pay fees out of their own pocket, file appropriate
paperwork, etc. Not so with PLUG.