User group downturn?

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Dec 11 16:12:52 MST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM, John D Jones III
<unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, there's systemd: What's everyone's thoughts about that?

While its grown bigger than what I envisioned it would and still has a
few warts, I'm generally pleased with systemd and how it works -- I
certainly like it a lot better than I ever liked upstart.   I'm sure
some System 5 purists are rolling their eyes right now, but it's fast,
it's flexible, and things like socket activation of daemons have been
really helpful for me in a number of situations. In short: I'd rather
drive systemd than a Ford.

--
Jared Smith