User group downturn?

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:27:10 MST 2012

On 12/04/2012 03:03 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> I figured I would throw in my 2 cents on the issue.
> Its no longer a users a group in the sense of a user support group.
> Instead its an enthusiasts group in the same sense as the coco nuts have
> with their beloved trs-80 color computers.
>
> The problem is there isn't a whole lot going on in the Linux world to be
> enthusiastic about.   Linux is so mainstream right now.  I can't even begin
> to count how many devices I have in my house running it.  Albeit most of
> them are running a distro named Android.

Well, we could always go back to the kick ass flame wars of yonder past;
you know, Emacs is bloated, Python is retarded... Drive Chevy, Fords
make you anti-internet, etc etc.... I must admit, I miss that ;-)

On the other hand, there's systemd: What's everyone's thoughts about that?

--
John D Jones III
Perl/Javascript Zealot
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com