User group downturn?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 23:04:03 MST 2012

On 12/01/2012 08:32 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> I think there's a lot to that.  It seems that the programming language
> groups are still going pretty strong.
>
> Over the last year or so that I've been running PLUG, the most
> participation we've had has been for embedded type stuff.  Maybe we
> should just contract with theTransistor to do our presentations. :)
>
> Speaking of which, the December meeting will be on building a MAME
> cabinet, with some fine folks from theTransistor presenting.

Maybe the list needs to broaden its scope some.  Most of the
conversation on here is only peripherally involving Linux anyway.  I am
going to try to get into some microcontroller stuff myself with arduino,
and that I think is interesting to lots of us, but not necessarily
Linux.  Though of course Linux skills help a lot here.  Comfort with the
command line is certainly a plus.