User group downturn?

Steve Meyers steve-plug at spwiz.com
Sat Dec 1 20:32:16 MST 2012

On 12/1/12 6:58 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> I'd say, the*biggest*  factor is that Linux (GNU/Linux, if you like)
> Just Works.

I think there's a lot to that.  It seems that the programming language
groups are still going pretty strong.

Over the last year or so that I've been running PLUG, the most
participation we've had has been for embedded type stuff.  Maybe we
should just contract with theTransistor to do our presentations. :)

Speaking of which, the December meeting will be on building a MAME
cabinet, with some fine folks from theTransistor presenting.

Steve