Thoughts on the Software Technology Group

Ryan Moore paniclater at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:10:51 MDT 2012

Hi Pluggers,

This is my first submission to the list, please forgive and correct me if
I'm doing anything wrong.

I have been looking to move from media production to web development and
studying hard on my own to get my skills up to the point where I can move
jobs. I'm starting to get leads. An opportunity from the company Software
Technology Group is starting to look like an offer and I'm considering
taking a job there. Does anyone have any experience working with them? As
far as I understand, their business model is to employ developers full time
and then farm them out to clients. Any cautionary tales or advice about
working for this kind of a consulting firm? I hope sending out feelers like
this is kosher for the list. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Ryan Moore

P.S. Thanks for letting me distract from the Gnome 3 wars!