Tablet for remote sysadmin

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:20:05 MDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Daniel Fussell <dfussell at byu.edu> wrote:

> More specifically, ConnectBot with a keyboard will send alpha
> characters.  Nothing else seems to work for me; no numerics, specials,
> ctrl/alt/meta, etc.  I'm about ready to replace android with debian for
> that and a few other reasons.
>
> And Levi, don't even get me started on iPads...  ;-)

My iPad is mine, I like it, and you can't have it.  I am not interested in
your opinion about my iPad (or any iPad, for that matter) in the least, so
please don't get started.

Haters can hate in silence till their hearts are content, though I doubt
such feelings will lead to contentment.

I wouldn't mind having a reasonably nice Android tablet, especially one
like Google's that I might expect to actually be able to upgrade for more
than a year.  My problems with my Android phone are more to do with the
phone hardware and the screwy relationships between Google, the phone
manufacturer, and the phone service provider.  But I wouldn't want any
tablet specifically for system administration work, at least not with
things as they are now!

        --Levi