Love or Hate Gnome 3 - was Re: Any experience with firewalld?

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Tue Aug 28 15:39:44 MDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Levi Pearson <levipearson at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's got to be a vanguard *somewhere* that can press forward and
> innovate and get a reasonable amount of momentum behind new things so that,
> as they mature and get more features and get cleaned up a bit, they can
> make it back to the more conservative users.  But just because such a
> vanguard exists doesn't mean you have to be part of it.

Thanks Levi, for the refreshing doses of flame retardant.  It's nice
to hear a moderated view for a change on this list.  :P

I'm one of those people that has to try the latest desktop/window
manager.  Not because i'm flailing about from the "demise" of Gnome 2,
but because I love seeing some of the new innovations.   Right now,
i'm keen on Unity.  I really liked a lot of features from Gnome 3
though (flexible workspaces especially), but, so far, Unity has the
best set for *me*.

--lonnie