Love or Hate Gnome 3 - was Re: Any experience with firewalld?

Levi Pearson levipearson at
Tue Aug 28 15:04:12 MDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Daniel Fussell <dfussell at> wrote:

> On 08/28/2012 02:43 PM, Levi Pearson wrote:
> > At some point, you went through a lot of effort to learn how to use Linux
> > and become accustomed to its myriad of annoyances and quirks, presumably
> > because its associated benefits outweighed those annoyances and quirks.
> And then the KDE4 and Gnome developers started sniffing paint, and wiped
> out those benefits in one, fail swoop.
> Well not all the benefits.  They can pry bash from my cold, dead hands.
If a friendly user interface is the reason you took the time to learn
Linux, I'm afraid you might have been the one huffing the paint.  If you're
referring to something else, I can't see how KDE4 and Gnome could possibly
have made any difference.  You never had to use them, after all.