Cheap webcam for Linux

Joseph Hall perlhoser at
Fri Aug 24 09:58:53 MDT 2012

Not nearly as cheap as the ones you posted (though I got mine for
free), but I've had excellent luck with this guy:

The key that I've found is, once you find a camera that looks likely,
ask the Googles if it has uvcvideo support. I have a cheap USB
microscope that is supported by uvcvideo, and it worked out of the

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Barry Roberts <blr at> wrote:
> I'm now a few minutes drive from some of my coworkers and I'm looking for a
> cheap webcam that will work OOB with Fedora 17 and MacOS via
> Spark/Openfire.  I'm thinking about something like:
> or
> Anybody have any experience with really low-end webcams?
> Thanks,
> Barry
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe:

"In order to create, you have to have the willingness, the desire to
be challenged, to be learning." -- Ferran Adria (speaking at Harvard,