Money management software

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at
Thu Aug 23 11:32:34 MDT 2012

On 8/23/12 11:00 AM, Chris Wood wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Kenneth Burgener
> <kenneth-lFTmLTALTN2h2OhbvMiLHw at>wrote:
>> Chris Wood wrote:
>>> has an awesome tool from a usage stand point.
>> Does YNAB have capabilities for direct importing from banks?  The only
>> information I could find talked about having to download the
>> transactions first, before you could import them...
> It supports importing in Quicken formats and also CSV.  It does not take
> your username/password and query your bank directly.  You need to export
> the data from the bank and then import it into YNAB.

But to ease the fear that quicken users usually experience when they
here that it doesn't work automatically, I found that I didn't care
about that feature once I started just entering transactions on the
mobile device at time of purchase.  I only download transactions once a
month or so when I want to reconcile the accounts.  And for that, I have
to log into the bank anyway to download the statement.  So I just do a
quick download of the transactions at the same time and they import just