Money management software

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:15:00 MDT 2012

On 8/22/12 8:24 PM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2012, at 16:28, Chris Wood wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Richard Esplin
>> <richard-lists-kuXVnbjQFcJAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org>wrote:
>>
>>> What do you use to record, budget, and manage your personal finances?
>>>

>> youneedabudget.com has an awesome tool from a usage stand point.  The
>> software runs on your local machine, but you can sync your data via dropbox
>> to other machines.  You can also set it up on your phone for entry of
>> receipts.  All can be live and do entry at the same time.  I've become a
>> huge fan quickly even with its weaknesses.  (I had to write a CVS converter
>> for Zionsbank data download to work well with YNAB.)  If you're serious
>> about budgeting and hate every other tool out there, this may be nirvana.
>>

> +1 YNAB

Another +1.  I tried a bunch of different options back before I
switched.  This is the one that works, works well, and is good enough
that my wife likes it and uses it too (As opposed to some others that
worked for me but she had much difficulty using.. like Gnucash)  Plus
getting the mobile app for Android or iOS + YNAB syncing with dropbox is
very much a joyful thing if you really like to track your spending.

-Dennis