Roundcube webmail anyone?

Dallin Jones squitoey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:24:24 MDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:15 AM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> Plug,
>
> Does anyone here run Roundcube for webmail? It's been a while since
> I've needed anything like that, but I'm considering a project based on
> it.

I run an instance of it, even started switching from Horde to
Roundcube a while back.

> An initial look gives us reason to be hopeful. It has a clean
> interface, a skinning guide, B.Y.O. SMTP and IMAP (more needs to be
> learned there), it's updated regularly, license is acceptable (GPL3
> works in this case), has "hooks" for most of what we need, and most of
> all, it feels lighter weight than the alternatives.
>
> Do you love it? Hate it? Recommend anything else?

I like it alot better than any of the alternatives, especially when it
comes to building off of it. Horde was just a pain in the neck more
than anything else (disclaimer:  could have been the system design I
was given and had to work with, but it still left a foul taste....)

I was able to do most of the same stuff with roundcube with a ton less
work, time and complication.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

Dallin Jones
www.silverrack.com