gmail issue

John Shaver bobjohnbob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:38:43 MDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:
> However, it's important to note that neither SPF nor DKIM (or whatever
> it's called these days) will block forged email addresses today.
> Currently no-one, that I know of and is sane, has strict enforcement
> of it turned on.  Essentially they are used to prove good email and
> prevent false positives, as well as slightly penalize suspect messages
> as part of an overall spam detection engine.

Somehow I left out a very important paragraph, in that email about -all.

I don't recommend it as some of your users are bound to want to send
from email servers besides google's.  If you're sure that they won't,
however, then it's up to you.

I agree with Lonnie, though.  You probably won't be able to totally
solve this problem with the way email is currently setup.  Best option
is to educate your users that you won't put hyperlinks in your emails,
and won't ask for password/other personal information through email.
Then, don't!

-John Shaver