gmail issue

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Thu Aug 16 17:30:53 MDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:
> Yes, that SPF record is bad.  It needs to include all sources of
> legitimate email for your domain.  Since you are using Google Apps,
> you need to include Google's servers.
>
> http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=178723

However, it's important to note that neither SPF nor DKIM (or whatever
it's called these days) will block forged email addresses today.
Currently no-one, that I know of and is sane, has strict enforcement
of it turned on.  Essentially they are used to prove good email and
prevent false positives, as well as slightly penalize suspect messages
as part of an overall spam detection engine.