Looking to buy two raspberry pi's

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:31:25 MDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Ryan Moore <paniclater at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just ordered one -- I can't wait to be surprised in 12 weeks plus shipping
> time. What projects / uses do you pluggers have in mind for yours?

a few ideas...

a sound module to attach to my usb midi keyboard (via fluidsynth)
a chat server for use offline or at a conference with no internet
(captive wifi portal for mobiles)
media server for ipad/iphone with either external usb or large sd (can
rpi support sdxc?)
client to my ipad hotspot running vnc server and full development
environment (works, kinda slow)

what's nice here is I can work on an application on one sd card and
swap it for another card that is dedicated to another purpose.
fluidsynth wants to replace the standard audio drivers with jack so
that is good in that kind of special case.

I would like to do something with hdmi, something more interesting
than just set top video.

What ideas do you guys have?
--
Brad Midgley