Who's the new WRT on the block?

Joshua Marsh joshua at themarshians.com
Fri Aug 3 14:36:45 MDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So who's the new kid on the block? Why is this beast no longer in demand?
>
> The last time I checked the only router that has anything near the specs
> that the WRT54G-TM has is the ASUS RT-N16 (which has about 2x the specs for
> $90).

If you are using OpenWRT, then the field is actually quite open. It depends
on how much power you want and what you want to do with it. I personally
use:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058NN6CS/

Doing the normal router stuff only consumes 1% of it's CPU time. I've had
it act as a DNS server, Proxy, OpenVPN server, and all kinds of tinkering
things.