Any way to search the mailing list archives?

Daniel Fussell dfussell at byu.edu
Fri Apr 27 12:54:08 MDT 2012

On 04/27/2012 12:28 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> There is actually a project called open crawl or something like that which
> is a publically accessible webcrawler.  Someone wrote an article on how to
> convert their db dump into a real search engine using hadoop or something
> similar from amazon.  Ill try to pick through my links and find it when I
> get home.
> On Apr 27, 2012 12:08 PM, "Daniel Fussell"<dfussell at byu.edu>  wrote:

I just found YaCy decentralized web search (GPL) as well, which looks
like a decent project running since 2006-ish (even if it is in java).

It kinda sucks when you finally get that great idea that will make you
rich or famous, place you on the top of major corporation hit-lists, and
then you find out your idea was obvious to someone else 5 years ago, and
you're just plain late to the party.  Oh well, I guess that's the
downside of the semantic web.

I will now go write a software that will give me a life.  No wait, don't
tell me, somebody already thought of that too.

;-Daniel Fussell