Any way to search the mailing list archives?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:54:37 MDT 2012

On 04/27/2012 09:27 AM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to find our last discussion on domain name registrars, but I
>> can't find a good way to search this list archives.  Have I missed
>> anything on plug.org's site, or maybe my google fu is failing me?
>
> Just use Google.
>
> "site:plug.org rhel"

Are you suggesting "rhel" is a keyword that will return name registrar
threads?  Cause I already tried "site:plug.org domain name registrars"
and got nothing relevant.  I got a 2006 thread as the second hit.  Not
terribly relevant anymore.  When I tried to restrict the hits to last
year, google turns up nothing.  I should try bing as Google is sucking
more and more at returning relevant links.  Google used to be great for
linux results, but now outdated links are polluting the results and I
can't for the life of me figure out how to sort results by date (not
just limit them to a timeframe).

I will keep trying the search engines in the meantime.  Downloading the
archives and grepping them might be faster.