Cool Vim Tricks for Python (was: Webdev: the times, they are a changin'_

Amjith Ramanujam amjith.r at
Fri Apr 20 14:00:09 MDT 2012

This plugin for vim does it all for python.

Automatic pylint check whenever I save a file.

Automatically remove unnecessary white-space at the end of the lines.

Runs pep8 on the code at every save.

Does code folding by default.

There is a screencast ( that shows some more advanced
features, such as auto-completion using rope etc.