Cool Vim Tricks for Python (was: Webdev: the times, they are a changin'_

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Fri Apr 20 11:32:53 MDT 2012

As long as we're talking about cool vim tricks for Python, why not start a new thread.

I like ":set relativenumber". Very handy. Thanks!

How about this:

1. I want to show a marker in the left-most column for lines I've changed according to "git diff" since my last commit. I use fugitive, but can't find a way to make it do this.

2. I want to run pylint in the background periodically, and have it put a marker in the left-most column for E, W, C, etc. messages from pylint.

--Dave