Liftweb & Scala

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:38:01 MDT 2012

So I have been futzing around for a day or so trying to get Liftweb going
on my dev box.  Turns out the docs are seriously out dated and I really
don't have the time or wherewithal to keep going down this path.

A couple of years ago I did use lift in a production environment and the
process went flawlessly.  So this may not be a strike against lift so much
as the natural bit rot that occurs in documentation.

However in my research on lift and other scala based web frameworks I found
that the creator of scala actually backs a framework called the "typesafe"
stack based another product called play.

It took less than 30 minutes including the download to have a fully
operable dev environment including full eclipse integration.  All I can saw
is WOW!

Has anyone else used the "typesafe" stack?