Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Jason Van Patten jason at infogenix.com
Thu Apr 19 14:03:17 MDT 2012

On 4/19/2012 1:41 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:04:15 -0600
> Jason Van Patten<jason at infogenix.com>  wrote:
>
>>> "Extremism in defense of [vim] is no vice, moderation in the
>>> pursuit of justice is no virtue." -- Malcolm X
>> vimist -- Barry Goldwater
> Karl Hess, actually. He was Barry Goldwater's speech writer and a
> campaign advisor.
>
> But Stuart's mis-attribution is not all that far off. I think had Barry
> Goldwater and Malcolm X sat down over a cup of tea, they might have
> agreed on much.

Well if you really want to turn back the clock you could go back to
Marcus Tullius Cicero, but lets face it "history is written by the
victors" -- Winston Churchill.

So it's entirely plausible that the entire concept of citing sources
only engenders a self gratifying  view of history and not on solid
reasoning.