Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Thu Apr 19 10:25:30 MDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> That is my biggest beef with Python: You simply cannot auto-indent. And before you say, "Well, the language naturally indents, so there's no need", may I offer this preemptive retort:

Correction: You simply cannot auto-indent Python *with vim*

There are other editors that correctly auto-indent Python just fine.
Don't hold your choice of editor against the language--it's not as if
vim is the recommended editor for Python (not that i am aware anyway).

If you must have vim bindings you could try using emacs with the
"Evil" extension.