Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Wed Apr 18 20:20:58 MDT 2012

On 4/18/2012 2:31 PM, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 12:29 -0600, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
>> Ok so has anyone here actually tried Scala&  Liftweb?  My opinion is that
>> its by far the best solution for most of what we've been talking about.
> Are you volunteering to do a presentation for Plug? You're making a
> pretty big claim, and I for one would be interested in learning more.

His ideas intrigue you, and you'd like to subscribe to his news letter?

My only problem with the Scala/Liftweb solution is this: nobody I am
ever going to hand that off to is going to look at me with joy in their
eyes at the wonderful state of things that I have left them.  Nobody.
They might, in a best case scenario, thank me later for forcing them to
learn something new that turned out well.  It would be silly of me to
expect as such, and it's more likely to be scorn they will then pass on
to anyone else I know and this is called bad PR.

Maintainability is important for more than just you if you work with
more than just you.

-Tod Hansmann