Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Apr 18 11:17:53 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 11:09 -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> According to ie6countdown.com, less than 1% of the US is running IE 6.
>  I haven't built in support for IE 6 in my full-time and contract jobs
> for several years now.

Personally, I can't decide if the death of IE6 makes me happy, or if it
makes me recent the rising generation of Web developers. Once upon a
time, at lease people who never experienced NS4 still had to face IE6.
Web developers today don't know how good they have it.

Up hill. Both ways. In the snow. With CSS selector hacks and conditional
comments in every file.