Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Jason Van Patten jason at infogenix.com
Wed Apr 18 10:20:43 MDT 2012

On 4/18/2012 9:53 AM, Stephen M. McQuay wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:49:22AM -0600, John D Jones III wrote:
>> Quite personally, I would rather be set on fire than have to work with
>> Django OR PHP. Whitespace should never EVER be cause for a fatal error
>> in a web app, and both are guilty of this.
> I believe your signature says enough:
>
>> Perl/Javascript Zealot
> I keep meaning to look into Catalyst, but I'm sure the same things are
> keeping me from giving it a fair shake as are keeping you from doing the
> same with Django.
Ive worked with catalyst and mason and i have to say unless you think
php got inline html right there is not much point in using mason. That
being said mason is still a lot of fun to work in. I didn't tinker with
catalyst much other than to reference session data, but the companies
that i know that use it swear by it.