Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:24:52 MDT 2012

My recommendation is Scala and the Liftweb framework.  Scala is a super
easy to use language that compiles to java byte code so it can run on the
jvm.  It can also leverage all the powerful web stuff that's already
written in Java.   Liftweb is easier to use than ruby on rails and yet runs
lightning fast.

My understanding is that twitter uses it now after they ran into scaling
issues with ruby.  You should check it out.