Webdev: the times, they are a changin'

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:53:00 MDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com>wrote:

> On 4/16/2012 8:43 PM, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Tod Hansmann
> > <plug.org at todandlorna.com <mailto:plug.org at todandlorna.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     PLUG peeps,
> >
> >     <Snip: webdev sucks, suggestions?>
> >
> > https://github.com/jayferd/balls
> Well done, sir.  I award you 10 internets xD
>
> This always what comes to mind when this discussion comes up. It seems
that web dev was not made with the elegant simplicity of systems like Unix,
and therefore mandate the strange combinations and marriages of tools that
modern web development. Generally I think that the web browser might be
replaced with a new system entirely. Of course, I can't speak on behalf of
what this new system might be!

That's just some wistful and perhaps silly dream, of course :)

And yes, bash on balls > asp.net