RCA cable for stereo - premium cable any different?

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:29:15 MDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Wade Preston Shearer
<wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
> I know there are some audiophiles on the list (I've appreciated responses I've received in the past about home theater and audio equipment). I need to run some RCA cables 75 feet.
>

> What's your thoughts on the difference between this one for $7.5:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-RCA-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B001S0NTVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334626053&sr=8-1
>

> And this one for $60?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AUDIORCA75-Premium-Stereo-Audio/dp/B000A7NRIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334626316&sr=8-1
>

> This cable will be in the wall before sheetrock.

Two differences:  The more expensive one is obviously a heavier-gauge
wire, since it weighs several times what the cheap one does.  And the
more expensive one has more markup.  But yeah, go for Monoprice.
Their cables are very nice!  And you probably don't want to skimp too
badly on cable that will be behind drywall, because that would be no
fun to upgrade later if it turns out the cheap cables had issues.

In fact, if it makes sense to, consider running some low-voltage
conduit and a pull-line along with your RCA cables.  That way you can
add any new cables you want in the future without busting drywall.

       --Levi