Network Traffic Visualization

MT Morales uugplug at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:08:33 MDT 2012

I use :

Netscout PM for Flows (flow analyzer)
Netscout's Infinistream (packet collector and analyzer)
CA/NetQoS' reporter Analyzer (Flow analyzer)
CA/NetQoS' SuperAgent (packet capturing and high level analyzer)
OPNET Transaction Xpert (high level packet analyzer and performance
diagnosis, turn count. Agent based collector)

Some of their features overlap they are all good in some things. You will
find that OPNET, Netscout and NetQoS hold the biggest market share in
packet analysis and network performance tools. The challenge is usually
with learning and getting used to their interfaces, as most of them are not
intuitive at all.
OPNET is great at simulating and predicting performance as well as quick
diagnosing. High level analysis and visualizations
NetQoS is great at trending and generating reports, some good high level
visualizations
Netscout is good at trending and generating complex reports; deep packet
analysis, some visualizations.

-mtm