Question about server room temperature monitoring

Hugh Clark isuroot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:27:00 MDT 2012

We've always just use the built in sensor of the server MB (not the one for
the CPU) and wrote a simple perl script that NRPE can call locally.  It's
free (which is good as we usually don't have much of a budget for such
stuff) and gives a pretty good idea for temperature, but doesn't help for
humidity or the likes.  You can also do a temperature correction in the
script if you want to get a closer idea of what the real temperature is.

-Hugh