Question about server room temperature monitoring

Daniel Fussell dfussell at
Mon Apr 2 09:47:01 MDT 2012

On 03/30/2012 05:40 PM, Victor Villa wrote:
> I'd like to start to monitor the environment in the server room (temp,
> humidity, etc), i'm interested to see what is working out there and if it
> is connected with something like nagios for alerting.
We use AVTECH's Room Alert 4E, along with some custom scripts to poll it
and track trends.  Cacti would probably be just as easy to use for that

We also use a sensaphone as a backup for times when a power outage takes
out the network, but leaves the phone network still working.  Call me
paranoid, but it's actually been quite useful.

;-Daniel Fussell