Linux Gamers - Humble Bundle Available

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Sep 28 17:10:19 MDT 2011

On Wed, September 28, 2011 16:08, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> On 28 Sep 2011, at 15:40, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Richard Esplin
>> <richard-lists at esplins.org> wrote:
>>> I would appreciate opinions from anyone who has played them.
>>
>> Same. I wonder things like, are these games fun?
>>

> My sons that play them are 6 and 9.  I did not really see anything in the
> games that would traumatize the kids.  Both I and my kids have played the
> games and enjoyed them.

I am very selective about the games I let my kids play. The screenshots tend
to be a very accurate depiction of game content. If you review them you'll get
a good idea if you want your child playing them or not. What I consider age
appropriate for my kids might be quite different from your perspective. For
example, I'm concerned about overall cognitive stimulation, good game design,
and playability. I don't want my future game designing children to get any bad
vibes - ya know?

"Fun" is a bit subjective. Some of the past humble bundle games have been
terrible. A few are so good I play them weekly. The reality is that for a few
dollars it is hard to feel you've made a bad decision, especially if you chose
the majority of your purchase to help a charity you think is worthy.

-Ryan