Newline in Filename

Jessie Adan Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Fri Sep 23 14:47:19 MDT 2011

Hey all,

I am trying to read some data from a Mac Time Machine Backup
which I have. The place where the data is stored is '/media/Time
Machine Backups/.HFS+ Private Directory Data^M'. That ^M is a
return character (\r). This really jacks up my terminal session and
makes it difficult to use. I cannot rename this file, however (HFS+
filesystem is read only). I am copying everything off of the HFS
drive onto another (ext4) drive so that I can rename that directory.
Is there any way to get bash to ignore it? Is there a better way to
do this?
--
Jessie Adan Morris
jessie at jessieamorris.com