JOB: [Fwd: RE: TEKsystems]

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:11:13 MDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Thad Van Ry <tvanry at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Again assuming it's the same job, it's a very good job, especially if
>> you are a proficient coder in C and like wearing a suit and tie.  I
>>

> I'd just like to note that at the LDS Church Riverton Office Building, the
> dress code doesn't require suit and tie.
>
> My advice though is to apply for this one through Tek Systems.  I am
>> still under NDA so I can't really disclose anything about the inner
>> workings of the place (not that I would anyways).  But trust me if you
>> want the job you really do need to go through Tek Systems, not the
>> church website.
>>

>> I'd guess it depends on the hiring manager more than anything. There have
> been several openings on my team in the four years that I've worked here and
> they've never hired somebody for my team referred by a recruiter.
>
> Just my thoughts.
> Thad

Thanks for the reminder Thad, I forgot they changed the dress code
after the move.  I found where I was sitting after the move to produce
incapacitating amounts of glare so that's pretty much all I remembered
about the Riverton building.

As for the recruiter vs direct hire issue.
I think it depends on who the department head or team lead is.  For
instance if they themselves came in from a recruiter, or a substantial
number of team members who have been successful have come in from one,
then they seem to be more likely to hire from a recruiter/again.  But
that's true for any organization.